23 March 2006

Belarus - Waiting for Saturday

My main feed live journal user "lipski" with updates straight from the square, decided to put his reporting on hold until Saturday when the big rally is supposed to happen. Also, I received a copy of this email to a friend of mine from his friend:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ***************
Date: Mar 22, 2006 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: Sunday


Hi!

Still alife...

Yesterday there were around 5,000 people on the Square around 7 pm. There were 11 embasadors. I was standing in 2 steps from one of them. Today I saw myself on TV in EuroNews. At night there were no light on the street where the demonstrators were standing... On the opposite side of the street the light was on...

Police was among the people and they were laughing at us...

It was snowing and was very cold... I got totally cold... And spent an hour and a half to get home... Today it was minus 9 in the morning. And it will be cold further...

There is not enough people... That is very bad! People are not ready. They are satisfied with what they have now. They just do not know a better life...

My best friend (*****) got to prison yesterday for 10 days for giving a 5 minutes speech yesterday on the Square...

People are afraid...

I was at the Square till 11:30 pm yesterday. Then I went home where continue watching EyroNews - the only channel here that shows something...

My morning begun from watching TV again...

Police is ready, lots of police. They are hiding not far from the Square...

March 25th we expect some sort of demonstration - it is a Day of Freedom that we celebrate annualy nonofficial obviously.

No comments: